How Do I Write A Winning Scholarship Essay?
There are many ways of writing a winning scholarship application. If you gathered all the scholarship entities that have ever won a prize, you would discover that it is difficult to pinpoint what made them the same. Each would offer a different style utilized by the author; thus giving highlight into his or her present, past, and future aspirations. Originality is the key, and the first point to remember when you pick up your pen to write. College application essay for scholarship would determine the individual chances of winning. This guide prepares by iwriteessays.com outlines the steps you need to take to ensure that your essay gives you the best chance of winning.
Read and re-read the essay statement asked to respond to, and identify the key themes.
- A personal example would be the essay statement ‘Where I have demonstrated responsible leadership, or innovation, and how it made a difference either in my community or in my work’. I identified the key themes as ‘leadership’ and ‘community impact’.
Understand the meaning of the key themes.
After the identification of the key themes, it is vital to understand what each of these ideas really means, beyond the initial level.
For instance, I acknowledged that the meaning of ‘leadership’ involved pinpointing the impacts my leadership had and the actions taken. Additionally, the attainment of positive results through my leadership – and not simply describing the responsibilities I had as a leader.
Fill your scholarship essay with keywords/synonyms of keywords used in the scholarship statement.
- Indeed, I made a special effort to ensure references to ‘leadership’; ‘innovation’ and ‘impacting communities’ ran throughout my essay.
- The utilization of keywords from the scholarship statement throughout your essay will illustrate your commitment to addressing the question raised.
Make an engaging start to your essay.
- Displaying aptitude and a wider knowledge for your subject will help convince the judges that it is a worthwhile investment to support you in your chosen course.
- In case you are struggling to begin your scholarship application essay, why not include a quote or statement that relates to your intended course, and which you can later link to the main body of your text.
Understand the criteria used by the scholarship committee to evaluate application essays.
- It is advisable to address all of these fields in your essay, whether the question explicitly asks for it or not.
- According to my own experience, the provisioned outline is the key criteria used by scholarship committee judges for evaluating scholarship application essays on the themes of leadership and community impact.