Different access methods, such as OFDMA, SDMA, TDMA, CDMA, and FDMA, rely on cross-layer optimization to different degrees. The most common cross-layer issues are scheduling modulation type and setting power control. Complete the following for your assignment:
- Describe the advantages of each access method in doing cross-layer optimization correctly.
- What are the costs of doing it poorly?
This is 2-3 pages
2. As a network manager in a medium-size corporation, it is your responsibility to use a proactive approach to providing security to your network.
- Evaluate 2 network monitoring technologies.
- These should be able to provide you with a graphical look at your network nodes and layout.
- These technologies should both offer some alert mechanism included in the package.
- State some advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Compare the costs of each.
This information will need to be presented to your vice president and CIO so that funding can be provided to implement one of the solutions you are recommending.
- For each technology, create a 6-slide PowerPoint presentation (12 slides total). Input the information you have found on each solution.
- Include any information that you think will be useful in helping them understand the importance of proactive network management and monitoring and how it plays a key role in maintaining a stable operating environment.
Write a 2 page proposal for the backhaul connecting several campuses for your company in one metropolitan area. All of the campus have 802.11n cellular networks.
- How should the nodes be connected to each other? Explain your reasoning.
- How should the campuses be connected? Explain your reasoning.
- Research the costs and maintenance and discuss the comparisons in your proposal.
Please include references and intext citations